Daily Life in China

I am a fifty year old and had a very happy family once. My husband and I used to work to run the house which became very difficult when my son was born. I did not regret having a child, I always dreamed of the day I would become a mother and I wanted more children but could not have any because of China’s one-child policy to control over population.

Anyway I did not lose heart because I was blessed with a wonderful child who meant the entire world to me. Time went by fast; my son was all grown up and turned out to be a handsome young man who was soon to be married.

One day we were going to the supermarket to get some groceries. My son dropped me at the store and went to park the car when a truck crashed into him. My whole world was destroyed right there in front of my eyes.

My husband also died a few years after my son. Now I am an old lady with no family and nowhere to go. My life is a living hell. If only I had more children, things would have been a lot different.

No comments:

Popular Posts